Caring for Flowers
When you get flowers, you want them to last as long as possible, so you can saviour the moment. EASYFLOWERS® have got some tips and tricks on how to make your flowers last longer, have a read…
For an Arrangement
Remember your flowers are living things so you will need to water them daily. To make this an easy process, there is a 'watering hole' located in the back right hand corner of your arrangement. Ensure that the reservoir is always full of water; flowers get thirsty too!
For a Bouquet
- Make sure you snip a few millimeters from the stems before you put them in water. This re-opens the drinking vessels in the stems and allows the flower to absorb the water more freely. This will help prolong the life of your flowers.
For Dried Arrangements
- To dust your arrangement, set your hairdryer to a cool low setting and blow the dust away.
- If you have access to a flower preservative do use it, if not we recommend you don't use home remedies like bleach as it s an exact process and viability will change for different flower types and conditions. You are better off just keeping the water fresh by changing it on a regular basis (every two days).
- Remove any dead blooms from your arrangement. This will help to prolong the life of the remaining flowers.
- Keep your flowers in a cool place and away from draughts and electrical appliances such as microwaves, televisions and heaters.
- Ethylene gas released during the natural ripening process of specific fruits and vegetables can increases the rate at which flowers deteriorate, therefore do not place your flowers near a fruit bowl.
- Most importantly – enjoy them! Flowers don't last forever but they do bring great joy while they are with us. So revel in their flower power while you can!!