Caring for Flowers
When you get flowers, you want them to last as long as possible, so you can saviour the moment. EASYFLOWERS have got some tips and tricks on how to make your flowers last longer, have a read…
For an Arrangement
Remember your flowers are living things so you will need to water them daily. To make this an easy process, there is a 'watering hole' located in the back right hand corner of your arrangement. Ensure that the reservoir is always full of water; flowers get thirsty too!
For a Bouquet
- Make sure you snip a few millimeters from the stems before you put them in water. This re-opens the drinking vessels in the stems and allows the flower to absorb the water more freely. This will help prolong the life of your flowers.
For Dried Arrangements
- To dust your arrangement, set your hairdryer to a cool low setting and blow the dust away.
- If you have access to a flower preservative do use it, if not we recommend you don't use home remedies like bleach as it s an exact process and viability will change for different flower types and conditions. You are better off just keeping the water fresh by changing it on a regular basis (every two days).
- Remove any dead blooms from your arrangement. This will help to prolong the life of the remaining flowers.
- Keep your flowers in a cool place and away from draughts and electrical appliances such as microwaves, televisions and heaters.
- Ethylene gas released during the natural ripening process of specific fruits and vegetables can increases the rate at which flowers deteriorate, therefore do not place your flowers near a fruit bowl.
- Most importantly – enjoy them! Flowers don't last forever but they do bring great joy while they are with us. So revel in their flower power while you can!!